Bytten: quick hits for 04.04
- The music never stops. Apple sells Red Hot Chili Peppers concert tickets on iTunes. No socks includded.
- They may have gotten there fustest with the mostest concert tickets, but Apple got beat on movies. MovieLink and CinemaNow are both selling downloadable movies, and neither support Macs. Come on, Steve. What have you got for us?
- Macworld UK reports that Atakan Cetinsoy, who created the iTunes recommendation features, has left Apple to join another firm. Is it too soon to point out that iTunes rucommendation features suck and hope they get better now? It is? Okay, I won't then.
- Forbes is rumor-mongering Intel iBooks will be here in June. My two cents? They'll be here in July, and they won't be called iBooks.
- Gruber had a great post yesterday. Please, people, shout it from the hilltops. THE WHOLE REPAIR PERMISSIONS THING IS A MYTH Or, well, not a myth like the Yeti or compassionate conservatism. But you don't need to do it regularly; only when something bad fuxxors your machine all up.