Mac OS X 10.3.5 Update
- Resolves an issue in which an application that's performing an asynchronous Bluetooth operation could quit unexpectedly, if the computer went to sleep before the data transfer was complete and the "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" preference setting was disabled.
- Addresses an issue in which Bluetooth File Exchange could unexpectedly quit if you tried to copy several files but one or more of them already existed at the target location.
Networking, Internet enhancements
- Improves the way Safari handles certain kinds of GIFs, including ones that could cause Safari to quit unexpectedly.
- Reintroduces shorter server pathnames; the overall limit remains 89 characters, but now only 24 characters (instead of 39 with Mac OS X 10.3 through 10.3.4) are reserved for the beginning of the pathname.
- Image Capture can now import MPEG-4 movies (.MP4) from compatible digital cameras.
- Resolves a potential data loss issue after renaming a Mail mailbox file.
- Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.3.4 in which Installer might unexpectedly quit when installing software that has a Japanese name.
- Corrects an issue in which analog speakers connected to a PowerBook or iBook during sleep sometimes didn't produce sound after waking the computer.
- Allows the "Attach" button of Eudora version 6.0 and 6.0.1 to work as expected.
- Improves support for NTFS-formatted volumes.
- Updates the libpng (Portable Network Graphics) component.
- Includes recent Security Updates.